What Trainings do you offer?
We offer three Trainings:
- Certified Forest Bathing Guide Training
- Certified Integrative Forest Therapy Practitioner Training
- 3 Day Nature Immersive Training
Which training is for me?
Forest Bathing Guide Training:
Jointly certified by MIND Hillingdon UK and Nádúr, this training is suitable for anyone who has a strong connection to nature and wants to offer Forest Bathing in their communities, organisations, or wellness resorts. Typical backgrounds of individuals who attend this training include allied health and social care professionals, mental health practitioners, environmental professionals, eco-tourism guides, foresters, coaches, mindfulness practitioners ,creative practitioners, academics, wellness practitioners, and people seeking to enhance their own nature connectedness.
This training covers the areas of nature-based health promotion, ecowellness, and disease prevention.
Integrative Forest Therapy Practitioner Training
Jointly certified by MIND Hillingdon UK and Nádúr, this training is suitable for allied health and social care professionals, mental health practitioners, environmental professionals, creative practitioners, wellness practitioners and medical professionals. This training is for individuals who want to work with specific populations with mental health or physical health difficulties and design programmes and nature-based interventions for these groups. The practitioner level works with individuals experiencing psychological distress, mild, or moderate mental health difficulties.
3 Day Nature Immersive Training
This is offered to Nádúr Guides and Practitioners in training to strengthen their guiding skills. This training is not mandatory for certification but highly recommended.
Why should I train with Nádúr?
Top Ten reasons to Train with Nadur: (there are many more)!!
- Nádúr is an Irish based international nature-based enterprise that is female led.
- We have trained governments, universities and institutes and Our trainers are international nature and mental health experts who have trained guides and practitioners in over 40 countries and 6 continents
- NÁDÚR Centre for Integrative Forest Therapy is an Official CPD Standards Office Accredited Provider with the world leading CPD standards office , based in the UK but recognised globally. All our training programmes are accredited meeting vigorous quality standards.
- We offer a Bespoke training experience with a maximum of 15 participants on each training.
- Our trainings are jointly certified by Mind in Hillingdon, a major UK mental health charity.
- When you attend a Nádúr training you will get one-year free Continuous Professional development on our International Mighty Networks Platform. This includes monthly talks and ongoing peer support mentoring.
- The training programmes have been developed by Nádúr’s Directors from research conducted with 121 Forest Therapy Guides & Practitioners, scientists, land managers and professionals from 28 countries on the core skills, knowledge, and experience necessary to be a world class guide and practitioner.
- Members of the Nádúr team have addressed the United Nations on green jobs in the forestry sector, worked on various European projects, spoke at European Union level and their work has been published in major academic journals including Frontiers in Psychiatry and the American Journal of Psychiatry. We are proud to be creating a centre for excellence for green mental health care and nature and wellbeing trainings.
- We operate an ethical pricing structure for all our trainings, aligning the cost of trainings to the World Bank Atlas Method ranging from low-income economies to high income economies.
- Our training programmes are grounded in psychological theory, based on scientific evidence, and developed using rigorous methodologies
Is Nádúr’s Training recognised internationally?
Yes, Nádúr are working in partnership with other organisations to develop international best practice standards for Forest Bathing, Forest Therapy and Nature Therapy. We are involved in a number of European research projects, have been invited to speak at a number of American Universities, are on the advisory committees of international nature and wellbeing groups. Members of our team have been published in world leading academic journals and featured in international media. Nádúr is known as an ethical brand that stands for excellence, inclusion and quality assurance.
Are these trainings online?
The Forest Bathing Guide and Integrative Forest Therapy Practitioner trainings are online through zoom. They are instructor led training which involves lectures, group work, nature based experiential activities and reflective practice. They are highly interactive and experiential. We bring the outdoors in! This is what some of our recent participants said about the training experience:
“This was the best training I have ever completed in terms of professionalism, educational value, pacing, content, and presentation. I really valued the sensitivity, the real focus on participants’ wellbeing and the overall atmosphere.”
Katarina Wagner (Volunteer Counsellor) UK
“I am currently studying with Nadur to be an Integrative Forest Therapy Practitioner . I would thoroughly recommend this training . It is very professional, thorough with group work, mindfulness, reflection, ongoing personal nature connection as well as lots of group work to deepen the learning…. Caroline Cook, Horticultural therapist, UK
You can see other’s experience on the testimonial page.
How does the mentoring work?
The mentoring takes place over zoom and includes 1:1 call, and group calls at a time that suits you. Your mentor will support you in completing your assignments and guide you with your specific area of interest.
How does Integrative Forest Therapy (IFT) differ from other Forest Therapy Trainings offered by other organisations?
At Nádúr, we are working to create a Centre of Excellence for the evolution and future of green mental health care. We are the only training organisation with such expertise in Forest Therapy and Mental Health in terms of forest therapy intervention design, delivery, and evaluation. Our IFT training has been recognised on both a European level (Forest Europe for “explementary practice” and U.S.A (University of Illinois Chicago for Innovative Practice in Psychiatry). Our training covers topics such as working with eco grief and anxiety and trauma informed care that are unique to Nádúr.
Will I get a dual certification if I attend the Integrative Forest Therapy Practitioner Training ?
Yes, you will be certified as both a Forest Bathing Guide and Integrative Forest Therapy Practitioner after the training as IFT requires you undertake the core forest Bathing training first. The first three months focus on learning the core forest bathing guiding skills, the second three months on the IFT Practitioner skills.
What will I be able to do after the training?
After the Forest Bathing Guide Training you will be able to:
- Deliver forest bathing walks and experiences to members of the public using the Nádúr Process Model.
- Deliver a one-day nature and wellbeing workshop for stress management.
- Facilitate nature-based workplace wellbeing sessions for corporate groups using the Nádúr Nature Based Wellbeing Plan.
- Run forest bathing retreats and team building in partnership with other wellbeing practitioners
- Deliver nature connection workshops for environmental, community and social groups.
- Facilitate forest bathing sessions for personal growth and transformation.
What will I be able to do after the IFT Practitioner Training?
- All of the above and
- Design, deliver and evaluate 6- and 12-week forest therapy programmes for specific groups
- Work in partnership with health and social care organisations to deliver nature-based interventions to specific groups using green prescriptions
- Participate in research using the Nádúr Process Model
What is the duration of the training?
Forest Bathing Guide Training: This is a two-week intensive blended online training programme followed by three-months of mentored practice. Guides must also undertake an outdoor first aid training. This can be done in your own country and is usually 1-2 days.
Integrative Forest Therapy Practitioner Training
This is a 6-month blended online training programme with four weeks of intensive training and 5 months of mentored practice. Practitioners who do not have specific mental health training must undertake a 2 Day Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Training and must also undertake an outdoor first aid training. The MHFA training can be done through MIND.
Can I train as an Integrative Forest Therapy Practitioner with Nádúr if I have trained as a Forest Bathing or Forest Therapy Guide/ Practitioner with another training organisation?
Yes, this is possible. Nádúr welcome participants who have trained with other training organisations. The cost for this is E995 and takes place over 3 months. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Can I change to Integrative Forest Therapy Practitioner Training if I have just started the Forest Bathing Guide Training?
Yes, of course. Just let the training team know that this is your preference.
Do I have to attend the 3-day nature immersive training for certification?
No, this is highly recommended but not mandatory for certification.
What are the costs of the training?
We operate an ethical pricing structure for all our trainings, aligning the cost of trainings to the World Bank Atlas Method ranging from low-income economies to high income economies.
Forest Bathing Guide Training
High Income countries : E1500 (These include Ireland, U.K. Canada, U.S.A) For full list please click here.
Upper Middle-Income Countries: E1250
Lower Middle-Income Countries: E1100
Lower Income Countries: E1000
Integrative Forest Therapy Practitioner Training
High Income countries : E2300 (These include Ireland, U.K. Canada, U.S.A) For full list please click here.
Upper Middle-Income Countries: E2100
Lower Income Countries: E1900
3 Day Nature Immersive Training:
Is there an instalment plan?
Yes, it is possible to pay in two instalments. If you require a third instalment option, just request this on your application form. A deposit is due within 10 days of acceptance, to confirm enrolment and hold the place on a programme.
This is a deposit of €500 – Forest Bathing Guide Training and Integrative Forest Therapy Practitioner Training .
The remaining amount is due no later than one month prior to the programme commencement.
What is the cancellation policy?
if you decide to cancel your participation up to two months prior to programme commencement, Nádúr will give you a full refund (with a deduction of €50 for administrative costs).
If you decide to cancel your participation after two months prior to programme commencement, Nádúr will give you a full refund of 50%.
In case of cancellation by Nádúr, you will be informed as soon as possible and be offered alternative dates, or a total refund of all amounts paid.
Programmes may be cancelled up to 60 days prior to programme commencement. Nádúr reserves the rights to cancel or modify activities in the following cases:
If we do not have the minimum number of participants necessary for a programme to take place.
If unfavourable weather conditions render programme activities impossible or unsafe.
- Minimum safety conditions are not met.
- If there are other conditions that render programme activities impossible or unsafe (fires, strong winds, falling trees, etc).
Once the reservation has been made, if you do not appear at the date, time, and place scheduled, without having made a cancellation or change in the terms described above, you will lose your right to attend the programme at a later date.
Does Nádúr offer scholarships or reduced fees for their training?
Yes, we offer up to two partly funded scholarships per training. Please complete the application form and let us know the reasons you are requesting a partial scholarship. We cannot guarantee this.